Rare Tracks is a CD compilation of B-sides, rarities, live recordings, and previously unreleased tracks by Chokebore, self-released by the band in February 2010 and sold exclusively at the merch table during their 2010 reunion tour.
The cover is a play on El Greco's Mary Magdalene in Penitence, painted by Chokebore guitarist Jonathan Kroll.
Feb 2010: CD – self-released – Tour only
- I'll Save You (bubble take)
- Pop Mod (demo version)
- Ciao L.A. (alternate recording)
- Sections (extended version)
- You Are the Sunshine of My Life (live @ La Cigale)
- Snow (live @ La Cigale)
- I Love the Waiting (alternate recording)
- Be Forceful (Strange Lines version)
- Brittle and Depressing
- Her Majesty (Beatles cover)
- Person You Chose (demo version)
- Pink Deluxe
- Speed of Sound (acoustic version)
- One Easy Pieces (live in Finland)
- 29 Mile Wind
tracks 5 and 6 recorded live by Yannick Piercy.
all songs by Chokebore except track 10
copyright chokeboresound 2010
cover painting: Jonathan Kroll 2009
- I'll Save You (bubble take), Sections (extended version), I Love the Waiting (alternate recording), and Person You Chose (demo version) are previously unreleased.
- Pop Mod (demo version) is a B-side of the It Could Ruin Your Day single.
- Ciao L.A. (alternate recording) was previously released as "Ciao L.A. (new version)" on the Rolling Stone #01 compilation.
- You Are the Sunshine of My Life and Snow were recorded live at La Cigale, Paris (France) on 25 October 2002.
- Be Forceful is taken from the Strange Lines EP.
- Brittle & Depressing is taken from the Dope Guns 'n Fucking in the Streets Volume 9 double 7-inch compilation.
- Her Majesty appeared as a hidden track at the end of the Tractor Tunes Volume #1 compilation.
- Pink Deluxe is the B-side of the Thin as Clouds 7-inch single.
- Speed of Sound (acoustic version) appears on the Taty du Post Rock compilation and on side B of the You Are the Sunshine of My Life/Valentine double 7-inch.
- One Easy Pieces (live in Finland) is taken from the Abus 35 compilation.
- 29 Mile Wind is taken from the Clusterfuck split 7-inch.
- Throats is the B-side of the Nobody/Throats to Hit 7-inch single.